The free NHS app is available to download to your smartphone now and allows you to instantly access tools that make keeping yourself and your family healthy more convenient than ever.
Patients can use the app to:
- Get advice about Covid-19
- Order repeat prescriptions
- Book and view GP, nurse and hospital appointments
- Send and receive messages from your doctors, nurses and other health professionals
- Consult a GP or health professional through an online form and get a reply
- Get health advice
- View your medical record
- Access health services on behalf of someone you care for
- View useful links your doctor or health professional has shared with you
- Register your organ donation decision
- Find out how the NHS uses your data
Keeping your data secure
After you download the app, you will need to set up an NHS login and prove who you are. The app then securely connects to information from your GP surgery.
If your device supports fingerprint detection or facial recognition, you can use it to log in to the NHS App each time, instead of using a password and security code.
You can download the free app from the App Store for iPhones or Google Play for Android phones.